Thursday, 15 November 2012

PHOTO: Woman Stops Rape By Cutting Off Man’s Penis...Takes It Into Police Station As Evidence

Monju Begum, a 40-year-old Bangladesh woman stopped an alleged rapist in his tracks when she reportedly cut off his penis and then took it to police as evidence.

According to police, Begam’s neighbor, Mozammel Haq Mazi, forced his way into her shanty and began sexually assaulting her.


Investigators say Begum stopped the attack by cutting off his penis  She then placed the evidence into a polythene bag and took it into police as proof that Mazi had attempted to rape her.
Begum, a married mother of three, told police that Mazi had been harassing her for the past six months. Mazi is reportedly also married and has five children.

“It is quite an unusual incident. As far as I am aware, this is the first time that a woman has brought a severed penis to the police station as evidence,” said police spokesperson Abul Khaer.

“We will arrest him once his condition gets better,” said Khaer.

Mazi denied the allegations telling investigators that the two were having an affair.

“Recently she suggested that both of us can go settle down in Dhaka,” said Mazi. “I refused and told her that I cannot leave my wife and children, so she took revenge on me.”
Doctors say the man’s pĂ©nis will not be re-attached

CBN Cancels N100 Charge On All ATM Transactions

Users of Automated Teller Machines will no longerpay N100 on withdrawals whenever they use banks other than theirs, the Central Bank of Nigeria said on Tuesday.



The decision was taken at the end of a meeting inAbuja between the CBN and the Bankers Committee.

Managing directors of some banks also attended the meeting.

The Group Managing Director, First Bank Plc, Mr. Bisi Onasanya, told newsmen that the charge as well as others associated with the use of ATMs would be scrapped soon.

He said it was meant to encourage the use of ATMs.

Onasanya said the decision would help to increase the patronage of ATMs, thus deepening the financial inclusion strategy of the apex bank.

He said the modalities for the stoppage is being worked out adding that within the shortest time possible, the adjustments would be reflected in all the ATMs.

“When you use the ATM of a bank other than your bank, there is a charge of N100 which is borne by the account holder.

“We have decided that we will work out the modality and ensure that with immediate effect we would pass on this cost to the respective banks which bear the cost of providing services.

“No matter where you are withdrawing your money from, you will not be subjected to any charge for using the ATM,” he explained.

According to him, the new policy does not cover withdrawals inside the banking hall when the ATMs are off.

“But for transaction on what we call ‘not on us,’ when you are a First Bank customer and you use the ATM of a GTB bank, it is free and it will no longer bear any cost,” he added.

Today's morning paper talk

Manchester City will make an ambitious bid of £40m-£50m to sign Liverpool striker Luis Suarez in January - VARIOUS
Meanwhile, Liverpool are preparing a £5m bid for Blackpool forward Tom Ince, a player they gave away barely a year ago - DAILY MIRROR
Manchester City and Chelsea target Falcao has indicated he would be interested in a move to the Premier League - THE SUN
England are lining up a friendly with France as part of an end-of-season mini-tour in Brazil, although they are also in discussions with Uruguay - DAILY MIRROR
Derby have placed a £4m price tag on England U21 midfielder Will Hughes - DAILY MIRROR
Sunderland are keeping tabs on Icelandic striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, although Lazio have also expressed an interest - DAILY MIRROR
Crystal Palace will put in a £2.5m bid for Bristol City winger Albert Adomah if they sell Wilfried Zaha in January - DAILY MIRROR
Norwich manager Chris Hughton is keen to sign a new striker in the January transfer window - DAILY MAIL
Gianni Paladini is facing a race against time to complete his takeover of Birmingham before goalkeeper Jack Butland is sold - DAILY TELEGRAPH
Portsmouth are set to re-sign former defender Ricardo Rocha - DAILY STAR

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Petroleum Report: Ribadu Says Data Not Accurate

Petroleum Report: Ribadu Says Data Not Accurate
Chairman of the Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force, PRSTF, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu has said data and information contained in the report submitted to President Goodluck Jonathan are not accurate and unverifiable.
Ribadu and the Secretary of the Committee, Olasupo Shasore in a letter to the Minister for petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke after submitting its report said due to time frame, the committee could not verify all the data and information contained in the report.
Former Head of Service, Chief Steve Orosanye had accused Ribadu of adopting “flawed Process” in arriving at the final reports and not abiding by the resolution of the Committee that the leaked draft of the report be jettisoned or verified for factual accuracy Ribadu fired back accusing his Deputy of not attending meetings.
Both men had a verbal exchange before a shocked President Jonathan during the submission of the Report last week.
The assertion made by the committee in its letter has further made the report unenforceable and confirmed some members argument that the submitted Report is merely a “draft” copy.
The 24-member committee were said to had tongue-lashed Ribadu over the leaked draft report, which they claim contained unverified facts and figures and as such, requested he publicly disowns it as not that of the committee A member of the committee who spoke on condition of anonymity to pointblanknews.com said the report, which was in circulation, was not a certified true copy as all the facts and figures were not verifiable.
“We were shocked to see copies of the draft report. The crux of our meeting today was on the leaked draft because most of the things in the draft are not accurate, factual and not verifiable.”
Sources hinted that after the June meeting of the group, it was agreed that they meet again before the document is put to finality but “that meeting never held, Ribadu and Shasore kept the draft and we were shocked to see it in the media through Reuters and other social media organs.
“Ribadu likes grandstanding, he has used that to win gullible members of the public to himself for too long and that is what we don’t want to see in this very important assignment we have before us,” the source said.
According to the source, we had agreed after June to meet again and harmonize, verify grey areas in the report, we agreed to continue our investigation and do a thorough job, we agreed to reconcile every part of our findings and we agreed to meet again and do the final copy after all findings and facts have been verified. That was the last, we never met, Ribadu never showed up, only for the draft to surface in the media.”
A member of the Committee and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Chief Anthony George Ikoli in a newspaper interview recently, alleged, “the committee’s assignment is factually yet to be definitively concluded.”
See Letter below

 


Congrats Obama for your re election

Congratulation to Barrack Obama as he successfully take over the Presidential Sit of America for the Second Term.



Ride On, Keep the Goodwork.

Can Nigeria Election ever be as Fair as that of America?